View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 07:41 AM
Conchalea

I haven't bought a commercial journal. Instead, I use a composition notebook I used in 2010 for life journaling. Its original purpose was to encourage my 2nd grade grandson to write daily that summer. He's now a 17 year old senior in high school and much more interested in gaming, studying WWII history, and math. So I paged past the life journaling and converted it to quilting. My friend K & I quilted all summer after I moved from a large city to a tiny town 180 miles north. I had to list the UFO tops we worked on. Her daughter had 22 tops stuffed in her closet! From her days in college about 20 years ago. We also got 2 more tops from her in the summer. We completed all of those, plus a few others from a friend and from my collection unpacked after I got here. Our total UFO number was 30 for last year. We still have a few others we've rolled into 2021. I taught K how to quilt & bind, which she loves. We make a good team as I like piecing the best. I also like quilting, but binding... not so much. She did make an art quilt requiring no piecing, which is too painstaking for her. I only listed a few details about each top, any nicknames we gave them, & who each completion went to. I put lines between some to indicate which month we finished each one. I did this late at night after being worn out from quilting all day. That helped me destress from sandwiching & sewing for 6-8 hours most days. my cats thought I had a full-time job!