Old 01-02-2021, 12:49 PM
grennan

Originally Posted by Sewsation View Post
Educations often have a price....
One of my oldest friends has always said, "Educations are expensive". They're more expensive if somebody (like me, say) doesn't learn enough to avoid doing it again.

My resolution last year was not to buy or offer until I had AT LEAST searched Google by model name, with handy right mouse click making no excuse for skipping).

I've kept that, but this time no info came up for "Viking National", per listing; I didn't realize I should have been looking for "National Viking".

It's my fault that I didn't look at the picture of the manufacturer plate before offering. The only info I later found was per National and N50. I discovered that the company made machines labeled by dozens of department stores, ag coops, feed depots, etc. There are some real fans of the way Nationals sew (other models).

I haven't decided to see if the seller will refund; or add to the destash shelf; or polish it up and try selling on etsy as "Art Deco beauty" (the pedal is wild); or put it on the 3/4 shelf with the 221, Babylock in a Basket, Elna Lotus (my favorite).

Our Workbench, thanks for the links! It does look kind of like a Grasshopper, but a little rounder and I guess smaller.

Attached Thumbnails national2.jpeg   national10.jpeg