View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 07:15 PM
beginnerquilter

Hi everyone....My Computer crashed so that is why
I haven't been on Computer.

I went to the Quilting Group tonight and I finally got most of my squares cut, my backing cut, the border cut, and the binding cut. I have 2 by 1 1/4 squares to cut yet - 16 or 32 of them altogether so I just have that to do yet and than I can start sewing them together...Yeah! Than I can sew the border on and than finish it and than quilt it.

Now this is the first time that I have actually started to quilt and I did cut out squares before too but I found out what I was doing wrong in my cutting...I was holding Rotary Cutter on a Angle when I was cutting instead of Straight up and down so I learned that much, I also learned about measuring too, and how to even up the edges, and how to square your pieces up. I had a really good teacher too tonight...and she was being very helpful. She is a very dear sweet lady and she has had Cancer and she is still taking Chemo yet too. In the next couple of weeks I will be able to sew the squares/triangles together...YEAH! I want to get everything cut first before I try to putting it together.

I am taking it easy and slow and I am learning as I go. I have a really good teacher too. The quilting group meets on Wednesday Nights at my church that I go to and the Leader of this Quilting Group is really wonderful too. She is a super lady. We now have a Fabric Store in my town and I am so happy about this.

I will try to get pictures of my Table Topper that I am going to be making sometime soon. I'm almost done with cutting the strips that I need to finish cutting out my tiny little squares.

I am so excited and I love to learn and I was in 7th Heaven tonight cutting out my pieces of material for my Table Topper. I am finally making progress on my Table Topper.