Old 01-03-2021, 02:28 PM
grennan

Originally Posted by Mickey2 View Post
As far as I know, Husqvarnas first freearm model was a zigzagger suspiciously close to the early Bernina 125. Both introduced shortly after WWII, the only obvious difference appart from the logo, is the green finish of the Husqvarna versus Bernina's cream. There was a green Bernina 125 too, but less common. I have never seen a freearm straight stitcher from neither Husqvarna nor Bernina close to these early freearms.

I think the first Husqvarna freearm model were made in Sweden, at the time both Sweden and Switzerland had an advantage when it came to production machinery, since they were less affected by the war effort..
That was probably what I was thinking of...I think I saw one about 20 years ago,

I got an Imperial 15 several years ago...it's early 50s and amazing. On a table, separate Consew motor, and zig zag. I don't know if all 15s were "industrial" machines, or if it's the Imperial bit that counted. I am its second owner after the first one used it fo rabout 50 years making stuffed animals to sell at state fairs.

It is bluish.

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
I think you have a keeper, even if it isn't what you wanted. There are those who actively look for those.
For a surrealistic photo -- "12 Husqvarnas and a Viking". I'd be in back with my Husqvarna chain saw (really) and my orange Husqvarna forester helmet.