Thread: Help please!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 07:43 AM
juliasb

Wow! There is so much to learn right off the top and to do upholstery as your first project. There are a number of 'pros' here when it comes to older machines. First of all I would get the pedal for your machine. You can order one from several places on the internet. It is a good sign that the light comes one but without the pedal there is no way to start the movement of the machine. Also I would order a manual for t his make of machine. It sounds like it has been sitting a long time. and could use a good cleaning and the manual will tell you how to clean and oil your machine. I would not jump right into your seat covers just yet. familiarize yourself with the machine by sewing various large scraps of fabric or by making a simple pattern first. Just to become familiar with how your machine works. Any time someone puts their mind to a task and puts their whole self into it the task can usually be achieved. I would also check with auto shops on possible patterns for coverings for seats. Classic car dealers may also be a help in finding patterns for seat covers. Best of Luck.