View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 08:10 PM
moreland

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
Originally Posted by moreland
All of these were made from blocks I'd cut from odds and ends. Mostly they are from the scrap boxes. All are backed with fleece (I ran out and had to buy some more of that!) I found some really nice blender fleece at Walmart for $4.44 yard, so got several yards of different colors. The guild provides 150 quilts each year for the local shelter for battered women. The shelter gives each child that comes to their center one of the quilts. We had a workday last week and there were 25 women there sewing like mad. Lots of quilts were made that day. Most of us brought our tops home to finish them. We will have them on display at the next guild meeting.
That is sweet of you to offer but our members keep up with the need quite well. We usually have a few more than we need.

Blender fleece--just ordinary fleece but it has been dyed so there is a variation in the coloring. I had not seen fleece dyed like that before.
Do you require any certain size, maybe some of us could help out a little? Also, what is a blender fleece? Do most of the quilters tie them?