View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 05:47 AM
Macybaby

Petthefabric, I've fine with what ever you want to do. that is half the fun, figuring out what will go with what we get.

Here is one word of advice to everyone - as you work on rounds, make sure to measure across the middle and the outer edges to keep it squared up. Normally if you are adding pieced blocks it's easier to keep them the correct dimension, but if you are putting in borders or rows that have variations, it can be really easy to get a bit of stretch happening.

For the last Round, I received one top that was 2" wider on the outer sides than in the middle (both directions). I only measured across the middle and figured it was perfect and I made the border with 6" blocks and when I went to attach it, there was no way I could make it fit. That is when I figured out what the problem was. I ended up taking off a few rows and resewing them to take out the excess. This problem started happening early on, with about a 1/2" extra. It's real easy to "ease" back a 1/2" with the next round if you catch that it needs to happen. In this case each progressive round got a bit longer. This top has several "filler" border strips, and those are prone to this problem.

Last edited by Macybaby; 01-06-2021 at 05:53 AM.