Old 01-06-2021, 06:28 AM
Three Dog Night

This year I made the move from SID and straight line quilting to FMQ. When reading a post on Bonnie Hunter's blog she was promoting HollyAnn Knight of String & Story and her Free Motion Quilting Academy. HollyAnn had a free 1 hour class on FMQ and well free so I signed up. I decided to enroll in the FMQA that was beginning in September. It is a 3 month class and she teaches 30 quilting motifs, you make a sampler quilt of the 30 motifs (meander to mctavishing and everything in between) and then a wall quilt of your design to graduate. If you don't finish in the 3 months you just keep going and complete when you are able (no extra cost). She is offering her free class again this week, there are different dates and times offered. Here is the link - https://string-story.ck.page/a71490a...5_fcLdFmOwZ-No. I have attached my sampler quilt and my wall quilt to this post.

I have taken classes before and watched various YouTube videos (I love Angela Walters) but this was the best investment and most fun I have had. It was expensive but I realized that I might not ever send a quilt out to be quilted again I decided to enroll. Now all the money I will save can be spent on fabric.
Attached Thumbnails sampler-24-b.jpg   pb250094-.jpg