View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 05:37 PM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I agree that the site seams a bit basic, but if it helps me get motivated to actually do something with a big box of candies, that works for me. I've spent several hours sorting into color ways and I've got about 40 sets of 16. Now to select 25 of them to work with.

Most of the challenge with using candies is in color placement. So I'm going to look at this as a challenge on color selection. And it also is not cutting into yardage, so it fits into my goal of reducing my FAT (fabric in totes) collection.
January package went out today tool

Love the FAT reference, my goal too and in more than one way! . I pulled out my mega bin of scraps and cut for a while this afternoon. Originally my plan was to do a deep dive into my "pink" bin, but I pulled back to just my scraps. Perhaps those pinks can become backings or backgrounds. I have lots of colored 2.5s from swaps and other projects but not enough to make a whole quilt in one or two color ways. We will see what I end up with! Tee-Hee-Hee. Cut, cut, cut, stitch, stitch, stitch then press.