View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 03:49 AM
TheMerkleFamily

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
My first response was...Wow! I love everything about this fabric collage. I think the background fabric is perfect to allow the colors to shine. If you used a tutorial for how you went about making this collage, I would be interested in having out guild try it out in a workshop...we can meet in a gym where we are 20 feet apart. Thanks and tell your friend she is very talented.
I think this would be a great workshop idea for a guild. I did follow Emily Taylor's tutorials found at https://collagequilter.com/ She explains the process, discusses color theory, shares two different techniques (we used Steam A Seam 2 LITE vs glue) and gives you a list of supplies that set you up to have lots of fun with fabric! I think it's very helpful to have an easel or design wall so that you can step back and evaluate your progress. Emily Taylor also hosts two facebook groups - Collage Quilter and Collage Quilter Academy that are helpful to view.

There's another well known collage quilt artist - Susan Carlson - who has written books and offers tutorials on her website. Search here on the QB and you'll find another post that is a mini tutorial referencing Susan Carlson's process.

Good Luck!