View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 01:31 PM
nanac

Default Best Christmas present

I went away for Christmas holidays, and when I got back, got a huge surprise. I had always just had totes ,boxes, and bags of fabric, notions and templates all over my quilting room. When I got home, my daughter had organized my fabric into like colors, and put all of my smallish fabrics into baskets of same color group. She hung up pegboard to organize my scissors, cutters, and acrylic squares and templates. She also bought some organizer towers for all of my small tools, and a 9-square cubby for my store-bought patterns and bindings.. Finally, she bought a large tote for all of my WIPs, and separated all of my cut fabric into plastic bags and placed pictures of like pieces, so I can see what I need without rooting for everything.
She put shelves in my closet for all of my fabric bolts, batting and backings and quilt kits and quilts I have cut out but not put together yet. That makes them easily accessible, but out of my way.
The first day I got back, I did nothing but sit in my brand new space, just enjoying how much better it looks. She even included a space for my fur babies to come take a nap if they choose. She literally thought of everything.
My hubby bought me an extra wide ironing board and an Oliso iron, so now I don't have to leave my quilt room all day, except for eating or potty-breaks.
what a huge gift!!!