Old 01-11-2021, 07:45 PM
SuzzyQ

Default Any suggestions for a virtual 4-H sewing club?

Going to start a virtual sewing club for 4-H this February. Planning on new sewists to make pj pants out of woven cotton or flannel; members who have made pj pants before (with me preferably) will sew with knits - either a t-shirt or sweatshirt or leggings...
I have two other leaders who will make a garment for themselves - one with the woven cotton and one with a knit. I plan on demonstrating taking measurements and sewing the garments with an American Girl doll that I've borrowed.
Zoom works pretty well and I'm learning how to do more with it. Not all of our members have reliable internet connections so there will also be links to tutorials and videos online for them to access. And the leaders will be able to connect for short periods of time online....
Hoping to be able to meet our members at the local fabric store when they pick out their fabric. It's always better for a leader to veto an expensive fabric choice rather than Mom or dad. But that depends on lockdown...
Any other suggestions? This club everyone will make themselves a garment. They need to learn the basics before they tackle something harder. We want success!