Thread: Validation
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 04:40 PM
leheath8

I totally understand the desire for validation. My parents are my biggest fans, but I am also lucky enough to have a best friend who also quilts and she celebrates my work just as I celebrate hers. I tend to be very critical of my own work, so positive feedback from others really helps me keep things in perspective!

I think Maggie_Sue's suggestion of sharing here is great, although I don't see too many other's doing so (but maybe I'm not looking in the right place?). However, I have also found that the various quilting Facebook groups I have joined are even better. Lots of people share their most recent projects - sometimes asking for suggestions or advice on one thing or another, but often just sharing a photo of their work. The groups are filled with quilters of all sorts and experiences so I enjoy the appreciative, knowledgeable audience. That said, I also share my work on my regular Facebook page and the vast majority of my friends know nothing about quilting, yet still make positive comments on my photos. So, if you don't have Facebook (or even if you do!) I encourage you to share with your non-quilting friends (maybe just starting with the closest ones) as you may be pleasantly surprised by their responses.

Last edited by leheath8; 01-12-2021 at 04:44 PM.