Thread: Validation
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 02:06 PM
SusieQOH
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rvsfan View Post
I just want to make a comment about validation to all of you who have shared beautiful memories of your validation experiences. Back in my cross stitch days I was in the middle of a project to be for my mother. Halfway through, I showed it to her and told her it was for her and she glanced at it and said, "Oh, I don't really like that home made stuff". I tossed the project in the trash and never ever made anything for my mother. Then I discovered quilting and became decent at it. I made a quilt for my only granddaughter, an adult school teacher. It consisted of 12in blocks of appliqued owls sitting on tree limbs. It was adorable and I was so proud of it and thought maybe she would hang it in her school room. I visited her a couple months later and noticed it folded up on a shelf in the linen closet. So quilting friends, enjoy all the validation you receive. Lap it up, and start your next quilt.
That was my MIL- I cross-stitched a beautiful piece for their 40th anniversary. She looked at it and said "Oh how fancy" ( in her classic monotone). Never saw it again. I have no idea what happened to it and frankly don't care. My FIL was a sweetie and he loved my effort. And of course my husband- he wanted to clobber her haha