Old 01-17-2021, 06:52 AM
sewingpup

yep...I am in the "keep them all together" club with the precuts....however, there always seem to be a few questionable fabrics mixed in there...you know, the ones with the huge prints, or the strange colors.....so I do sort out those strips or squares if I don't use them and put them with like minded ones....so currently I have shoe boxes of "warm colors" (red, orange, purple, etc), cool colors (blues, greens), neutrals (cream, white, tan), blacks (including greys) and a "oh my goodness" (large prints and multicolor) When my boxes overflow, I will break them down into more narrowly defined color families. I did just watch some u-tubes from GE designs with Gudrun Erla (Stripology rulers and books) and she shows how she cuts up fabric to make her own jelly rolls, layer cakes, etc using a stripology ruler. It is also a good way to deal with scraps. I also try and cut up my left over fabric less than 1/4 of a yard and it makes it easy to just grab the strips and go. The ruler is expansive....but if you are planning on quilting for a while...worth it I think. Reason I went out searching for this ruler is that I had an ancient June Taylor short cut but the slits had become a bit ragged over the years and my cutter kept getting caught. I do have a Go cutter I use....but the ruler make many more sizes available and I think it is easer to subcut strip sets with the ruler.