View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 03:54 AM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
I started the Debbie Brown January color block quilt. I had enough blue scraps for all the color blocks and enough cream and white scraps for all the sashing. I may have to hit up yardage for the borders, and definitely for the backing, but it will all come from stash. This is a great pattern for sitting and doing mindless sewing, which I find to be very relaxing. So whittling down scraps and stash and getting some mindless relaxation in at the same time- I'd call that a win. Oh, and I also learned a new to me technique- webbing a 16 patch. Don't know that it’s any faster than my usual chain piecing method, but it seems to make getting all the intersections to line up easier once it’s time to sew the rows together.

I think it is going to be fun doing these monthly color block quilts.

Rob
I absolutely agree with you about using the webbing technique. I went in with a little bit of an attitude thinking that my way was just fine, but I found that webbing is fast and much more accurate. I have been using my deep stash of 2.5's and have about 100 of the 16 patches ready to go. January is now ready for the background and quilting. Excited to give the spiral quilting a try.