View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 11:45 AM
Panchita

I would divide my efforts between buying blenders/small scale tone on tone/background fabric and stashing money into a separate fabric bank account for use 'as and when' you actually get there.

The designer lines change all the time, going in and out of fashion/trends, and also it is possible that your tastes will change - (mine have) and then they might go back again, or might not!

So for focus fabric I would buy very sparingly - for 'now' projects and fabric you positively *adore and cannot live without* at this point (and if your response is 'that's everything' then you need to shift the bar higher - if it's all important then none of it is important, to paraphrase a quote).

The bank account will (hopefully) ensure that you have the means to refresh your stash as you wish, rather than trying to predict your future (impossible, and stressful to boot). Plus, as someone said above, you will need additional supplies like rotary blades, mats, etc., and there is no telling how many of those you would need to acquire to cover you in later years (also, what is something better is invented?! Don't ask me what, but there was a time when rotary cutting did not exist, so who knows...)

I obviously don't know how much of a stash you are starting with - you may already have a bunch of blenders and the like, in which case I'd enjoy my 'now' quilt projects and just stash money (it never goes out of style!!! )