View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 05:11 AM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by Blue Bell View Post
Thank you for letting me stay in the group. I have a huge stash so I really shouldn't even buy a thread of fabric. Last year, I set a goal of making 10 to 12 quilts for charity. I used the patterns for 3 one yard quilts, easy and quick. I made 12 quilts and have several fabrics picked out to make more this year. I should make a goal of one quilt a week. That would would really make a dent in my stash.

Blue Bell, One quilt a week is a BIG goal. I managed one about every 10 days last year but that included UFOs that just needed binding or backing and quilting. Most of mine went to charity, Project Linus. I won't be working at that rate at least for the next few months because I am teaching two classes online. None the less, I have plenty of UFO's and patterns on my wish list that are calling me as well as three quilt-a-longs with plenty of fabric in my closet. My goal is to empty the equivalent of one of those big Rubber Maid bins this year. Be gentle with yourself and dive in to use what is on hand and shop only for what you NEED, we all do that when our stash doesn't provide what fits our work.