View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 04:15 AM
rryder

Today I’m going to start on taking the Christmas tree down.

I also want to do some organizing in the studio. I recently rearranged my quiltng studio and it is working well for me, but it showed me that I still have a layer of stuff that floats from one place to another based on which working surface and machine I want to use. I’m at a bit of a loss as to what to do with most of it. It all consists of the tools that I use for each machine and also my cutting area. My space is very small and I have 3 machines plus my Sweet Sixteen and a small cutting station set up in it. They all get used regularly so taking any of them down is not an option I want to consider. I have a larger cutting station in another room, but it does double duty as a painting surface and assembly table for my other art work so there are times when it is not available for quilting. The upshot of all this is that I need to rethink material and tool storage for those items that get used with each specific machine so I don’t have to constantly shift stuff from one place to another around the studio.Any and all suggstions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Rob