Old 01-25-2021, 10:07 AM
sewingpup

bummer....working on getting the main blocks in the mystery down....stitched the blocks to make the rows...next...to iron the seams to finish up stitching these blocks...I decide to reward myself with freshly popped popcorn...as I was taking the jar of kernels off the top shelf...it slipped...hit my right thumb on the way to the countertop,..then bounced off and hit the second toe of my left foot...ouch! Ouch! I now have a black and blue thumb and a very sore black and blue toe. Needless to say, I am not going to be standing at the ironing board pressing those seams today. Good thing I got all those 2 inch squares to draw a diagonal line on for the sashing and I think I can start piecing the rest of the sashing units...still deciding on what to use for those large sashing pieces...have enough of two different greys to make them if I want to just use that instead of strip piecing. also have a bit of other greys left but I am thinking I don't want to go scraping on the sashing nor do the strip piecing. Licking my wounds. feeling sorry for myself... and yep...I still made and ate the popcorn...it was good!