Thread: Oat milk.
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 10:33 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by janiebakes View Post
Since the pandemic hit, we have been buying many things direct from local farmers and that includes milk. One dairy has a store onsite, open during daylight hours. It is on the honor system. A couple of coolers stocked with milk: white, chocolate and strawberry as well as several different varieties of dairy made cheeses. The milk is pasturized (law in Ohio) but not homogenized. My DH loves to pour the chocolate milk straight into the ice cream maker and add various goodies. You can see the cows in the milking parlor from inside the store. There is another dairy whose milk is even richer (think icebergs of cream) but they are too far to get to regularly. Luckily the milk is sold at the little store run by the folks we buy our grass fed meat from. And don't get me started on the butter. All this yumminess and no weight gain is possible with portion control.
Wow! Lucky you! I used to have some friends that had a huge herd of dairy goats. I'd get some fresh milk from them and made cheese with it. So good!