View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 04:37 AM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Some encouragement. It took a couple years until I realized the shelves weren't so tight. Then the odd stacks would fit in their rightful places and it started taking on the look of overwhelming but manageable. Now, a few shelves are empty and need to make purchases occasionally to complete a project. My goal is to leave very little for DD to discard when I'm gone or less for her to move if we must have help to move from this house (the next one will be a big downsize). I purchased all that fabric because I liked it and most of it I still do. So I want to enjoy the eye candy and get use from the $$$ spent.
My feelings and purpose for shopping from my stash too. Don't want my family to have to deal with my quilting "stuff" after I am gone. It took me a whole Covid-19 year to see a difference. Last year I was averaging one quilt, finished WIP or finished UFO every ten days or so. I can see a difference in my stash, now. But it took 12 months! Used most of my large cuts as backing but still have more fabric than what will fit in my double closet. That is my goal for this year. Get it all in one closet. Finger crossed.

Hint: I often would start with a backing fabric and design my quilt around that. I know, it is backwards, but that way I knew I would not have to shop for the largest piece of fabric and used my own collection. Worked for me.