View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 06:22 AM
Snooze2978

My goal about 7 yrs ago was to make a quilt for every couple, single person and child in my congregation plus a few for some special friends I left behind down in Florida. I asked them about their likes and dislikes, favorite colors and size quilt they might like if I did make them one. Made a list, wrote their names on pieces of paper and placed them into a basket. When I was ready for a new quilt I pulled out a name and that's who got the next quilt. Right now I'm working on 4 of the quilts mostly due to the fact I found a pattern that I felt was perfect for that couple or single person. When I was still going to quilt retreats before this pandemic hit us I'd pull a couple of the quilt projects out to work on them. I have a shelf I place my projects on with maybe several possible patterns to chose from, fabrics I'd been pulling from my stash I thought might work so when the time came I wouldn't have to do it then. I continue to add possible patterns and fabrics to that particular project until I'm ready to start, then I make my decision which one to use. Right now I have 8 projects on the shelf waiting their turn. Sometimes I'll see a pattern/project someone has made online and think to myself I want to try that so I'll push what I'm working on at the time and work on it. Think that's why I have so many UFOs in the mist but it keeps me interested and if I get tired working on one pattern I can stop and work on another until my interest returns to work on the discarded project.