Old 02-02-2021, 04:37 PM
Northern Sue

Marion I am glad you received it! This is certainly a very unique time isn't it? No real sign of improvement here - one day numbers are down a bit, and next day right back up there. Significant curtailment on travel as of this week, international and inter provincial so I think that is going to make a huge difference. Our vaccine rollout is on hold for at least 2 weeks as the companies have cut our deliveries significantly - reason? building/expanding production; more of it seems to be re-directed to US. None is produced in our country so we are at mercy of these providers, just like everyone else.
So I sew/piece quilts almost every day; practice on my new longarm (its like being a newbie all over!!!!) and I signed up for the 2021 Aurifil Colour Builders program, about endangered species. This is a one year program, with one block released each month - foundation paper pieced pattern and machine embroidery pattern. Included are 3 colour appropriate spools of 40wt aurifil thread. January was the Sumatran Elephant, so I'm including my FPP block for you to see. Not quilted as I'm not sure whether I will do individual mini quilts or one large quilt when done.
sumatran-elephant.jpg