View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 07:15 AM
OurWorkbench

Default February 2021 Colorado Sewing Machine Get Together -- Part 4

james-image4.jpeg

james-image5.jpeg

james-image6.jpeg

Janey

Janey has been doing some online shopping.

It looks like I'm set for snap-on adapters. I have picked up various snap-on feet over the years, but generally without the adapters. In September I decided I needed some adapters, so ordered three. Two had the levers and one with the black push tab. I also got a 42 piece set with the adapter.

Then last month, I found a package of 10 adapters for less than I had paid for the two in September. I also found a zigzag foot with a self leveling button which came with a snap-on foot adapter with the black push button. Then there was a 16 piece foot set without an adapter. I also found a high shank snap-on adapter. So I ordered those.

I have wanted belt pliers and decided it was time to actually get one.

I have heard of the sewing clips (like Clover Wonder Clips) and thought it would be nice to have some of those. There were so many sets available on Amazon, it was hard to choose what to get. I ended up ordering the 90 piece set that came with 30 pieces of three different sizes along with some other goodies. I also saw a set of 50 in purple of the 'normal' size and a set of 25 of the large size (larger than the ones in the 90 piece set), also in purple.

As long as I was ordering sewing stuff, I might as well get a set of 6 one o'clock bobbin cases with 6 class 15 bobbins.

Dianne, had mentioned about getting some disposable micro applicators brushes for cleaning in small places. They had a 500 piece set of purple, but that was only one size, so I opted for the 500 piece set that had head diameters of 1.5/2.0/2.5 mm and at least I got 100 purple ones (1.5mm). I also ordered some of the disposable mascara wands, thinking those might come in handy for cleaning some things, which came in purple, pink and white.

Since some of my machines don't have lights or they don't have light where I need it, I got a couple of magnetic gooseneck sewing machine lights.

Years ago, I had some Gingher snips, that have managed to disappear, so I ordered another. I like the little u-shaped snips and thought that maybe if I somehow manage to downsize, I could include one with the machine. Sew, I ordered 20.

Lastly, I ordered a bias tape maker kit. Most of the kits only include four sizes, but I saw one that had five sizes, with some clips (no purple), the awl, a few pins and a binder foot. I hope I can find space to put one of the adapters with it.

In Closing

We hope that everyone is having a good start to the new year. Please stay safe and well.

We will post here with our next meeting. To those who follow us, thank you for reading and we'll see you again next month.