View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 05:33 AM
LadyAg

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Great idea to great a really big workspace. It makes it so much easier to square up and trim when you have a surface that will hold the quilt.

The way I understand it is .... that you are wanting a grid but without cutting mats, in order to square up your quilts.

However, to me, if you are squaring up quilts you will find it easier to not be limited to having to move your mats around to cut.

For squaring up, here's what I do .... quilting rulers/squares are my biggest asset. Line things up and then cut as I want and in whatever angle I want, not necessarily square with the table.

Therefore, to get a large grid for measuring, you might be best to choose an oversize cutting mat(s). My cutting/work table is 48"x72" (two tables butted together), and is fully covered with four mats. When they need replacing, I will look into the really large ones, and ideally that will be what I will get.
Thanks for your help! When you connected your four mats, are you able to use the measurement lines across the four mats, or do you use rulers to do independent measurements? I cannot figure out how to connect and align the grid lines of the separate mats.