Thread: Gone Bonkers
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 08:08 PM
quiltingcandy

If you have a Brother dealer close to your home I would recommend you go and test their machines. My friend bought the PE770 and loves it. The largest hoop is 5 x 7, but you can do some designs in sections. I believe she got it from an internet site for $700.00, maybe Sewing Machines Plus? They have some great deals as times, so does Amazon.

My Husqvarna/Viking was around $2.000 - but was well worth the money. The largest hoop is 200 mm x 260mm (roughly 8 x 11). I got a deal on it because it was a floor model. So you could check with some local dealers and see what they can do for you. My dealer will allow me to upgrade within one year for a full value trade in. I love doing the embroidery in my quilting. I also love to make kitchen towels for gifts, embroidering hand towels for the bathroom, and I have put designs on sweatshirts for kids my daughter works with. And for my other daughter who teaches in elementary school (4-5-6) grades I make book marks for Christmas to inspire reading, and free standing lace egg holders at Easter. A year ago I also made awards for kids that were first in math and reading. The tea towels make great door prizes and hostess gifts. You can also quilt with an embroidery machine.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 02-04-2021 at 08:10 PM.