View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 10:15 AM
jacquie

Originally Posted by my-ty View Post
Another amazing Round Robin. I would be lost if I needed to add a border to any of these blocks. I will be watching in amazement as each quilt grows. I do enjoy hearing why or how you chose your border (it helps me to learn).

I am fascinated with Jacquie's techniques of designing the border before she receives the block, working from measurements and pictures. I could not do this! I believe she is the only one using this method. If others are doing this, then I am even more amazed.

Keep up with the excellent progress.
Hi 'my-ty', thanks for your lovely complements... I pretty much have to pre prepare due to the fact that it takes the quilt top approx 2 weeks to arrive here in Scotland and then another 2 weeks to arrive at it's next destination back in the USA.

I use graph paper on 'microsoft word' with a picture downloaded from here to then decide on a border I may use...
I work on 1 square = 1" of a block. I shrink the picture until it fits my graph sizes... then draw colour my border idea... Just have a play and see if it could work for you...