View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 02:29 PM
juliasb

I went into a quilting slump a few years back ago and that lasted more than 3 years where I didn't even turn on my sewing machine. So that part I understand. Of course the obvious for me is to look at magazines for good quilt patterns. Most of the time now I am making quilts with my Accuquilt and don't have to 'think' about choosing a pattern. I am able to make beautiful quilts and have enough new dies to last a couple years sewing everyday to make quilts that are all different.
As far as fabric, I am doing my best to work from my large stash. I only buy now if I ran out of quilt backing or WoW that I use so much of for background for blocks. I buy the majority of my fabrics from www.fabric.com . There are a number of great sites online to get quality fabrics. Most quilters have their favorite places to buy from.
Being with my sister who is also a quilter has been a big help when I was in the slump. Then I went to the Quilting Expo and I had to turn on my machine and start sewing. Joining my quilt guild turned out to be an exciting advancement in my quilting endeavors. All of this rolled into one got me sewing again. Being here daily is also a huge help in motivating me. When I am making a block or putting together a quilt I am at my machine. In between I come to the computer and post here. Then I go back to the sewing machine and am inspired to keep going.