View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 03:19 PM
Butterfli19

It seems like I only enjoy sewing when it's for a purpose. I have made a few masks and recently some curtains for my den
and son's bedroom, but now that I have no one to sew for, I feel like...why bother?

One thing that's been in my mind for quite a few years now, and a reason I started making small cloth dolls again, was to sew them and some cloth stuffed animals for those in the nursing home. I feel that so many things are geared towards children and the younger generation, and the older ones are sort of forgotten. Being a bit over 60 myself, I'm beginning to see that we are left out of many things, especially now that I'm raising my grandson who is 10, and all his friends parents are half my age. I probably didn't want to hang out with an over-60 person when I was in my 30's either, but we are still here and can function pretty well

My plan was to make dolls and their quilts, and stuffed animals (using McCalls 6485) and their quilted pet beds. I think it's a cute idea and maybe they would feel like they had a friend to keep them company.

I guess I need someone to tell me it would be a good idea, or at least to try it. I also plan on retiring in a few years and want to have a plan on what to do then, because going into retirement with nothing to look forward isn't very appealing.