View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 01:02 PM
CaleyH

Default Caley's Adventure in Quilting

I thought I would start a thread that is just dedicated to my adventures in the wonderful world of quilting. I will just give a brief description, and how I feel about it, along with the picture.

My first is a Nancy Rink Designs quilt call "Tucson. Needless to say, this was truly an adventure. The strip star was something I had never tried before, and apparently, after what seemed like a dozen measurements, I still managed to goof the size a tad. The reason I know something was amiss is that when I tried to attach the granny squares as Nancy calls them, they were too long. I ended up[ having to add black fabric strips to make things the proper size, so that those granny square strips could fit. And as it was, the big star was apparently a tad lopsided, so that those additional black strips didn't completely fix the problem. I ended up having to make both the black strip addons and granny square strips match during the sewing process.

I also botched the trimming process to get things to proper size. I've never trimmed such large fabric squares, or strips, so that also entailed some extraordinary sewing adjustments to make things fit. That just means I have tiny puckers here and there where I forced things to fit.

This is my quilt because of the terrible problems I encountered. Hopefully I can fin a place for it.
Attached Thumbnails tqt-small.jpg