View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 03:24 PM
Quiltah Mama

Butterfli19, myself and many others over the years can relate to loosing the mojo at one time or another. The projects I sew I sell, I was juried into a "space" with other crafters, and OMG, the Christmas rush was unreal. If I was not at work, I was at my sewing machine, it was an 8 week run I'm hoping to never have to repeat. Since Christmas i have sewn, but many times, I've had good intentions to work on a project, only to get to my sewing machine and not have the mojo to turn it on and sew. And i'm ok with that. The craft space is much slower since Christmas, and I'm actually happy about that. It's allowing me to rejuvenate.
Which leads me to your question about where to find fabric, and projects. I have visited my LQS recently, that is always inspiring. If your comfortable (Covid&#128541 you could peruse your LQS for inspiration. Pinterest has lots of inspiration if that's something that interests you. Youtube has lots of inspiring videos Jordans fabric always inspires me, she explains her process so well, and several of her quilts she makes, you don't have to buy a pattern for. Maybe if you watch one of her videos it may inspire you to want to make it and look for the "perfect" fabric for it, either online or at your LQS, and before you know it, you'll be sitting at your sewing machine.
Good luck with this. I just ride it out when I'm low on mojo, and sure enough, it always returns, and Iam sure you'll soon find a purpose to sew for. As far as your idea of dolls/stuffed animals for nursing home patients, I think it's an awesome idea. I worked with the elderly at one point in a nursing home, and a "companion" was the world to some of them.