View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 10:33 AM
Loveofquilts

Default Scraps

I'm with Macybaby about the scrap organizing. I've been working on organizing all my scraps for almost a month now off and on. I have cut down all my under 4 inch scraps into various sizes suggested by Bonnie Hunter. I have cut all of my strips according to width. They are nicely labeled and boxed ready to go. I plan to make string blocks with some of them. I also organized all my yardage scraps from fat eights to right under a yard. I still have to reorganize all my yardage into colors, but we will get there... I have a crumb basket started. I've made the beginnings of some crumb blocks. This are pretty fun to do. I found all of my orphan blocks and they are all together in a couple bags waiting for integration into larger blocks. I have to go through that last stack of 4-5" to 9-10" scraps. I have been hesitating in case the nice lady that I can't remember her name in this group decides to do that 5" charm swap. It would be perfect for that. Then I have a stack of triangles... I should have sewn them 1/2 inch away from my flying geese blocks at the time, but I just learned about that. Oh well. I was thinking about using some as the corners of my string blocks. Sorry for the rambling, but have been putting a lot of time into this. Lol! Is anyone else organizing their scraps? If so, hope are you doing it? I was reading all kinds of different ways on the internet.