View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 05:27 PM
CaleyH

Default Straight Stitch Throat Plate

I recently purchased a Baby Lock Jazz 2. I also own a Singer Quantum Stylist 9960.

I just read that your piecing and quilting can be significantly improved if you us a straight stitch throat plate. I just looked for one for my Baby Lock, but it seems it doesn't exist for this model.

Since the needle is basically just going through the center of the zig zag hole when doing straight stitching, wouldn't it be possible to just fit some plastic type tape or some thin, stiff plastic over the zig zag slot? Then you just create a hole the size required for your needle to pass through. This would hopefully give enough support to either side of the needle opening so that the fabric cannot sag or get snaggle down into the slot.

I'm trying to prevent the occasional occurrence of fabric somehow being sucked down that zig zag slot. It's frustrating to have to pry the fabric out of that slot. Of course, this pulling down of the fabric has only occurred on my Singer. So far the Baby Lock hasn't tried to eat anything