Thread: 1st FMQ Block
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 12:17 PM
CaleyH

Today was a disaster. It wasn't so much me, as the BL Jazz 2 didn't want to keep from breaking the spool thread. No matter how carefully I threaded the upper thread, it would snag, and break.

On top of that, no matter how well I adjust the tension, I still cannot eliminate the eyelashing, even when I go slow. Yesterday I thought things were solved, then both of these things cropped up.

I've put the Baby Lock on the shelf, and installed my Singer into the same position that the BL had resided in. For now, I am just going to be satisfied with straight line quilting. I will map out my line positions, then use the walking foot to do the quilting.

I actually had better luck with FMQing with my Singer, even though I couldn't dial down the stitch length to zero. The problem that made me purchase the BL was the throat space. Guess I will just be happy with the Singer until I can solve the problems with the BL, if I ever do.

Whenever we come out of our COVID pandemic, maybe I can to down to Calimesa, where they sell BL's and ask for some help, even if I have to pay for it.