Old 02-14-2021, 03:22 AM
rryder

Hey all, thanks for the warm wishes. Our power blinked off and then came back 3 times yesterday. We got more ice over night, and potential for more this morning. Many people in our neighborhood have lost power. Not sure how ours has managed to stay on. Fingers crossed!

Quiltingshortimer-trees instead of barn- isn’t that just like a horse LOL! We’re down to just Smokey since we lost our 35 year old gelding (Tinker) this past October. Smokey gets a seriously thick winter coat and his favorite thing to do if not blanketed is to find the nearest mud puddle (in above freezing weather) and throw himself into it for a thorough roll around- really hard to get partly dried mud out of winter coat!

Got three of the 30 blocks ditched on my Sweet Sixteen yesterday before the power going off and on convinced me to switch to coloring my doodle quilt. Not fond of ditching, since it’s something I struggle with, but I decided to do these monthly color block quilts in order to force myself to practice staying in the ditch!

Stay warm everyone!

Rob