Thread: 1st FMQ Block
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 05:36 AM
CaleyH

I've been puzzling about why my BabyLock Jazz 2 isn't working properly. And I've discovered that it was my upper threading.

The machine is not user friendly when it comes to to that task. Why? The user manual shows the arm that raises and lowers as the needle goes up and down is exposed above the housing. No matter how I turn the dial that raises and lowers the needle, that arm doesn't raise above the housing, but is instead just below the housing. When threading the machine, you have to drop the thread down into a slot about 3/4 inch below the housing. Then you have to raise the thread up that slot into a round notch where the thread will reside.

Apparently, if you do not use two hands to guide the thread so that it catches that slow, it just drops down, and eventually catches on the housing, and breaks

I'm a kind of crazy person when it comes to a puzzle like this. It will bother me, and I don't sleep well until I figure things out. Maybe you could call it the mad scientist syndrome. :-)

Anyway, I will try to just do straight stitching, and some basic wiggle wobbles on some fabric to see how things go when the machine is threaded properly. I think that might also have been the cause of my having to raise the tension to almost maximum, and still have eyelashing when doing curving stitches. Hopefully this solves my problems.