View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 11:26 AM
ibex94

The post office is unable to get first class mail delivered on time. They took out too much of their efficient sorting machines. They are not flying first class mail around the country any more so it is traveling by truck. The whole system is being overhauled because they have a mandate to pay the retirement accounts in full before needed. (other government businesses don't have to do that, they pay out as needed) The old post master made a deal with Amazon to get their business but it overloaded the deliverers and a lot of overtime had to be paid that wasn't paid for with the cost of shipping from Amazon. This post master decided to eliminate first class mail delivery in two days. I'm not sure why. Probably couldn't get out of the contract with Amazon and so is cutting costs elsewhere. As a result, Christmas cards are finally getting to me in Feb that are postmarked in December before Christmas. I am planning on mailing my 2021/2022 candy blocks at least 4 weeks before the birthday because the USPS cannot be counted on for a timely delivery. Benjamin Franklin is spinning in his grave.