Old 02-15-2021, 12:26 PM
costumegirl

Thank you so much for responding - you all are the best sources for finding options and solutions to try to fix up situations!!! I truly appreciate your comments and suggestions. I have worked with batiks before and have never had such a frustrating experience - I'm almost ready to give up
I have collected batiks by different manufacturers over the years from many sources - mostly quilt stores . I just dove into my bin for this project and found a bunch of cuts that I've had awhile & had not used before. LOL thought this would be the perfect project for them.... haha.... Murphy's Law!! I've spent so much time soaking, washing & rinsing that I may have to reconsider the plan. The pattern is Boho Heart by Jen Kingwell - I want to give it to one of my grand-daughters for her elementary school graduation so I have to get sewing! - thought bright batiks would be perfect for her style.

Yes Tartan I might have to switch to a darker background shade - possibly darker shades of blues. It will definitely make it more dramatic and fun! LOL I will have to test the bleeding on any that I buy & will have to find quite a few so there is variety.

rjwilder - I used the hottest water that I could get from the tap but as suggested by "sewingitalltogether" I will try using hotter water by boiling on the stove - will get back to you all about this

I was thinking whether I should try using Dawn detergent as suggested by a few - guess that will be the next step - going out to get some after I post this.

OMG!!!! What a chore this prepping has been!!! Guess it's best to deal with it now than finding disastrous streaks of bleeding after the quilt is put together. If I can't get the bleed to stop I will definitely be labelling as such and setting these pieces aside - will determine what to do with them later. LOL just want to get sewing......

Please keep offering comments & suggestions - all help is welcome!