View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 01:48 AM
DottyD

Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
My book arrived today and I have been perusing it. This will be a challenge for me, for sure. I am an experienced quilter but these small blocks demand precision which is an improving skill.

As you make your fabric choices, would you post a photo. This is where I always get stuck. And any hints that help you to be precise would be much appreciated too. I want success not another UFO like my Farmer's Wife. Tee-Hee-Hee.
This is the fabric I am using and is called Holly Woods by Moda, Sadly the line is discontinued but i am adding similar colours - mostly from my stash )
https://www.modafabric.co.uk/moda-fa...-layer-cake.ir

Hope that might help. I researched the fabric used in the book of Harriet's Journey. It is Red Rooster Fabrics and is called Lucy's Collection by Jennifer Chiaverini. Sadly, I can't source it here in the UK.

When I have made previous Sampler Quilts it certainly does need precision cutting and sewing, one tip I would say is to cut your fabric just slightly bigger and then trim back to required size.
My first Sampler Quilt was Dear Jane which are 4 1/2 " blocks and I learnt so much whilst making the 225 blocks. So when I made 6" blocks they seemed so much bigger ha ha !!

It is all good fun and making the blocks together will spur us all along. !!