View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 01:58 PM
Teen

I received my book yesterday and I’ve pulled fabric option #1 but still considering. Decided to play a bit and make one block for my 6” block stand for my sewing room. These are not the colors for option #1 but match my sewing room. I love this block. Turned edge and machine sewn with matching thread..teeny tiny zig zag...my preferred method. I was thinking of using a black & white text background like in the picture but then I’d have to purchase fabric so I think I’m going with a colored background fabric instead cream or white. I tend to use a lot of white/white fabrics for BG ....and my Sylvia is like that so I’m trying something different, which I’ve never really done. Also, thinking about not making all the blocks and designing my own layout instead of rows and sashing. Lots to consider..

A bit about myself....quilting since 2016...married 33 years, no children, semi-retired marriage and family therapist; however, during COVID, I provided grief counseling for our high school following a couple of student suicides. Born and raised in Southern Calif but moved to Southwest Idaho in 2019, built a home, moved in before the winter and COVID hit. And, have been decorating and sewing, and planting ever since. Loving it here despite the climate changes for us. I think it’s worth noting that I am sick of my own cooking.

So, I will share my fabrics when I decide.... I’m getting very excited to start and started designing a layout on EQ8 to figure the size and how many blocks I need to make.

This block is I-2, Whig Rose from the book... will definitely make this block again for my sampler
Attached Thumbnails 85292e7b-8238-47fb-881e-c82d28a45945.jpeg  

Last edited by Teen; 02-20-2021 at 02:03 PM.