View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Katrine

Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by Katrine
Good for you Omak - you will see even more possibilities once you have a go at the method - there is so much to give ideas in the book. I'd love to know what you think once you've done some.
I like having my quilting to be very open, rather than all knocked down by tiny stippling. I haven't succeeded in opening my stippling up, due to the small strips I have to quilt in, so I am thinking this will do the trick. I was messing with drawing the fan in the air, and keeping in mind that one side of my fans is always different than the other side, (which may always be the case), I realized that this feather is quite versatile for making that transition. I may get to a quilt by this weekend, so will definitely be thinking of you and will report back (with pictures!) DH bought me a new camera last weekend for a project that fell through, but <g> I have a new camera! LOL <wave>
Know what you mean Omak - I'm the same. I think you could do almost what you wish with this method, you're right it is very versatile and it's easy to make a unique design. I have a pieced jelly roll quilt on the wall at the moment I am wondering how to quilt - lots of pieces of paper strewn around with ideas on................
And what better way to play with your new camera than taking pix of a newly quilted item? :lol: