View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 04:20 AM
WMUTeach

In the last two days I have purchased one yard of fabric to coordinate with some in my stash for a baby quilt. Then I used about three yards of stash for two baby quilts. The long story shortened is a friend wanted to make quilts for two grand children. She is not a quilter, so I offered her options from my stash. A good way to deplete the pile of unused cuts from my fabric closet! We used nearly all of a Beatrix Potter print from 2012 and a big old chunk of blue print for one quilt. The second quilt is 9 15-inch stars based on the Lori Holt Criss-Cross Stars tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sncKxivM5ug My friend purchased some fabric scottie dogs and I added some of my 1930's reproduction scraps to add to her stars. Bottom line with plus and minus for the week-end, two yards of fabric have disappeared from my current stash and my friend is building her quilting skills. Will finish the two quilts in a couple of weeks when we get together again.

BTW- the Lori Holt tutorial is easy and she provided the measurements for three sizes of the criss-cross stars, 15, 12 and 9" starts. I see more of these scrappy wonders in my future.
Attached Thumbnails 20210220_165201.jpg   2021-2-19-beatric-potter-.jpg  

Last edited by WMUTeach; 02-21-2021 at 04:26 AM.