View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 01:38 PM
joe'smom

Default Something staining fabric

I've used Best Press for years with no problems. My routine has been to press a seam from the front, spritz it with the Best Press, turn it over and press from the back. Lately I have noticed faint staining on some pieces of fabric with a pure white background. It seems that the staining appears when I am pressing from the back after spritzing the front with the Best Press. I also spray my fabrics before pressing for cutting, but I haven't noticed any of the staining in those instances. The phenomenon seems completely arbitrary. If there are five units to press, only one or two out of the five will show these stains. Even more curious is that this only started recently, even though I have been using the same gallon of Best Press for months with no problems. I then switched to a brand new, smaller bottle (unscented) and the stains appeared again. I can't think of anything that has changed in my sewing room; I'm using the same iron and the same pressing surfaces. I recently washed a pieced block that had some of this staining on the background pieces, and it did come out, so at least there's that. I wondered if anyone would have any ideas about why this is suddenly happening now when it never has before. I hate to stop using the Best Press because it's so convenient and gives such good results. I think I'll have to stop at least with whites unless I can solve this mystery.