View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 12:02 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I know you can buy the stitch regulator (for $995.00 here in Canada.) but I hadn't planned to do that. If you buy the stitch regulator I'm assuming you can control the whole thing from the handles?
the stitch regulator only works with specific machines, so you would need to check with Grace to see if it worked with the one you wanted to use on the Hoop Frame. This link has a drop down list so you can check which machines it is compatible with: Sure Stitch

It appears that the stitch regulator has the following, so that seems to indicate all functions are controllable at the handles.
  • Dual function stitch regulator and speed control
  • Easy controls at your finger tips: on/off, pulse, stitch length
Without the stitch regulator, since one of the frame compatibility questions is "does your machine have a foot pedal", then yes, you need to use the foot pedal if you don't have the stitch regulator. I suspect the stitch regulator plugs into the machine in place of the cord for the foot pedal.

BTW, keep in mind you lose roughly 12" of the width of the quilting area because of the carriage width (the needle of the machine cannot reach closer than 6" or so to either end), so the effective quilting area width is 42" (3 1/2 feet).

Last edited by mkc; 02-22-2021 at 12:10 PM.