Thread: Borders?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 05:54 AM
bkay

You're right, that is a little small. If you can live with it, I'd skip the second border. If you can't, I'd "audition" that lightest green as a second border. It appears as if the first border is almost a blend of the center square and that peachy color that is used in several places next to the center square. If you have any more of the peachy fabric, I'd try it. I realize it's a floral, but it reads as a solid. If it's too close in color to the first border, I'd try that as a second border. Another idea would be a piano key border with your light scraps. It might be too much, though. (I've made piano key borders that didn't work and just put them on the backing.) I'd match the binding to the second border, unless it ends up being the piano key border. If I did that, I'd match the first border.

I've seen where quilters use a photo editing program to audition borders. You just use your photo and add borders in the appropriate color. The other option is to hang it on the wall and use a small piece on one side and see if it works. Take photos of the different things you try so you can see more clearly than you see in person.

Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of the back of the one I used my piano key border on. (I need to take more photos!)

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 02-25-2021 at 06:12 AM. Reason: spelling