Thread: Borders?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 05:57 AM
eparys

Originally Posted by Prhrn View Post
Here is a better picture - when you said grey, I realized the green looked grey lol.
The green seems a bit overpowering to me, so I didn't want to use it as a border, was hoping a border might actually tone it down. The bright yellow actually has little white dots in it and will be 2 inches finished.
Love the colors!! I still stick with my original suggestion (just with a change of colors (lol). Love the first yellow border as is. I would then add a small border (finished 1/2 to max 1" wide) of one of the greens then maybe another 3" border of the yellow if you have it or something light that would compliment the rest of the quilt . Here is my thought process on doing that... The green is dominant and a zigzag diagonal. A small darkish border will "frame it" imho and keep your focus in the center. The outside light border will enlarge the quilt without drawing too much attention away form your pretty center.

What ever you choose - it will be gorgeous. Make sure you post a picture when you are done!!!

Edit: Just saw the yellow and green flowered fabric and the blue grunge in the other picture. A really small green border in place of the blue I think would tie it all together

Last edited by eparys; 02-25-2021 at 06:06 AM.