View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 09:39 PM
toogie

Our WOM members are involved with this. We cut WOF x however long you want it. Check and see what the Linus project sizes are as we do all sizes.
I understand even with good intentions it’s like anything else, purpose can be abused or workers time abused. I was more involved with ours until quilts were being giving for any little thing.
We layered ours then having the back a little larger turned it over for self binding. We put all DMC stands of floss about 5 inch apart all through the quilt. When this was done we passed it through the Sunday school classes where it was passed around, prayed over while tying a couple knots on one floss. Each tied floss represented a prayer offered for the patient.
I also embroidered on the back a cross, with WOM (women on mission) and FBC (First Baptist Church) on either side of cross. The name of our town was under it all. It was given in hopes if the patient didn’t have a home church they would be welcomed there. The embroidery was done before any assembly of quilt layers.
I still donate my work to Quilts of Valor and CASA but sad to say not in WOM at this time. Even good meaning Christians can abuse a well meaning project. I think it would be a good idea to give to only those that were sick enough to be hospitalized because you may find yourself where I am now.
I really feel bad for not being involved but I’ll give you another example. I asked the ladies that were planning on doing their quilt to bring me their back to embroider at church on Sundays. However, I had this one lady that would phone wanting to come to my house that day.
Good luck and I hope you are successful with a well meaning program. Guidelines do need to be set BEFORE the program starts so there won’t be misunderstandings, hurt feelings or abuse later in my opinion anyway.