View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 03:07 PM
CaleyH

Someone has apparently thinks I am against washing quilts. I didn't say that. I first started this thread as how to mark quilts, and what people used. It went into washing, but I thought that was OK.

I said I was afraid to wash things because of what might happen. As a novice quilt maker, I don't know anything from start to finish about how things are done. Washing is a big mystery to me, as I haven't washed one. I only speculated at what might happen, not stated fact.

Those who responded put me on track to understand how things are done when washing a quilt, and the results, if you've made your quilt properly. Since my first quilt wasn't that well put together, I am cringing at what might happen to it.

And no, I never said people shouldn't wash quilts. You've got to wash things to keep them clean. I just dread my first couple of quilt washings being disasters after all that work

Maybe this thread should close, as I do not want to get into something that causes anyone to get upset. So this is probably my last comment, here in this thread.