View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 06:47 AM
Macybaby

1. If we were walking down a street, how would I/we identify you?
I'd probably have to tell you what I'm wearing as I'm pretty non-descript in appearance.

2. How did you come by your screen name?
Been using this name for a long time. Original "Macy" is a horse I bought as a weanling, so her nickname was "MacyBaby". She grew up and I sold her years ago, and then just over a year ago I bought a Ragdoll kitten, and named her "Macy" so now I consider her my namesake.

3. What was the source of your “real” name?
I'm named after my Mom - she's named after her Mom. I'm the 5th daughter and 8th child. My mom had hepatitis when I was born and was so sick I was pulled with forceps. She thought I might be her last so gave me her name, but then she went on to have three more kids.

4. What was your first quilt? Pictures if you have one.
I decided to make a quilt when my husband was away at basic training and I was staying with my parents with my newborn son. I drew up a set up 12" sampler blocks, and made a king size quilt. Sandwiched on a frame set up in the front yard, and then spent all winter hand quilting it. That was 40 years ago and I don't have any pictures. Didn't do much quilting for years and years . . . My mom passed away five years ago, and when my sibs were cleaning things out they found an old chocolate candies box with my name on it. Inside was all the templates and layout sketches for that first quilt!

5. What is or was your oldest UFO?
It's not a quilt - when I was pregnant with my DD, I started a needlepoint of a sailing ship. I painted the sky and water on the canvas and did the ship in yarn. I got to the point to start stitching the rigging, and it's never been completed. DD was born in 1984. I did inherit some of my Mom's UFOs, and some of them could be even older. I didn't get into quilting until 6-7 years ago so no really old quilt UFOs that are just mine.

6. What is the source of the song, “Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You?”
King and I - and I might have guessed wrong but I read other responses. I knew it was from a musical that I've watched several times and also one that I learned songs from while in school choir, but we did medleys of songs form several musicals. Now I'll be singing that song the rest of the day!